Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Beating Summer Boredom
Today's works for me Wednesday is to share our favorite ways to keep boredom at bay. Here's a list of my top 10 ways to stop the "mom, I'm bored" call.
1. join your library summer reading program. We join three local libraries programs. They each offer something different. One takes awesome field trips and the other two has neat craft and activities.
2. encourage your older kids to start a blog. My oldest writes at least a half hour a day on his blog.
3. garden as a family. We all pull weeds and help take care of the gardens.
4. have a park day! Each week pick a different local park and have a picnic!
5. run through the sprinkler--you too mom!!!
6. go to vacation Bible school. Our church has a water themed vbs and it's at a local park/lake for a week. Our older church offers a Bible based sports camp for a week. Last year it had cheer leading, volley ball, basket ball, and soccer.
7. visit your local pool. We had planned on buying a membership but our finances didn't allow it so instead we're going to visit once a week or every other week for the summer.
8. make it a summer of science or history. go on fun field trips to the zoo and museums and state parks.
9. host a back yard day camp for friends. Have an art camp for a week. Plan to study different artists and do paintings, sculptures, and other messy activities.
10. go to U-pick farms. Pick strawberries and other fruits/veggies together.
For other tips check out We are that Family