Monday, May 31, 2010

Homestead Update

Our garden is bursting with growth! We've been picking about 2lbs of strawberries a day. We've also harvested broccoli, lettuce, and some spinach. One of our tomatoes is turning red and we have several peppers on the plants!!

We still have another garden to plant. I'll be focusing on potatoes, corn, onions, and more tomatoes. I'll also be replanting two of our square foot gardens with warm weather crops in a couple weeks. I love watching the gardens grow. This year we've really expanded how much we're growing. I know I'll be busy this fall but I can't wait!!

We are getting our broilers this week as well. We were only able to order 10 so we're praying that we don't loose any. My son will be taking 3 to the fair and the rest we'll be enjoying for dinner!! I can't wait to eat our own meat!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, you are making a lot of progress. I can't wait for my garden to start really producing.