Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WFMW Using the Clothesline


One of my favorite things about the spring and summer is hanging our laundry on the clothesline. I love the quietness of the morning and listening to the birds. We have a large-ish family but still make it work. Here's my top tips for using the clothes line.

*Do a load of laundry every day. The first thing I do each morning is start a load of clothes.
* Fold your clothes as you take them off the line. No more piles of laundry to fold!! I fold them as I take them down and then bring them in and put them away.
* I didn't buy a fancy clothes line. I tied some clothes line from our deck post to a tree. It makes it much more frugal if you don't need to buy posts!!

For more tips check out We are that Family

3 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

We recently replaced our well used clothes line with a retractable one. I like it.

Frugal Sara said...

He he, this sounds just like me. I do at least a load daily it seems and our line runs from the deck post to the tree. Makes it very handy having it right next to the house.

'Becca said...

I am so with you on folding the laundry as you take it down! That way taking clothes off the line doesn't really take any longer than taking them out of the dryer.