Saturday, February 13, 2010

Always Shop Around

I have been buying more and more items in bulk to save money. I thought I had found the cheapest place to purchase organic unbleached flour and organic sucanat. However, I started calling around and realized I could save almost $50 by ordering through a local organic store. I didn't even think about asking them first because it is a very small store with maybe 70 different items. The store owner is part of a buyers club so she can offer very affordable items. I will definitely be checking there before buying any more bulk purchases.
This store also sells organic grass fed local beef for $3.89 lb. That's over a 50% savings from what I was paying. I'm also excited about buying my whole pasture raised chickens for $2lb instead of $3.50 a pound.

It can take time to find sources for local real food that doesn't cost a lot. Don't give up!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great! Don't you just love it when you find deals like that? Where we live we have one organic/all natural store which I plan on stopping by soon. Otherwise we have Fred Meyer. I can't wait for the Farmers Market to open here!
Blessings!

Melissa said...

oooh, what great deals. Especially on the beef! I can't wait to settle into our new home next month so I can start shopping around for deals like that. You go!