Friday, October 23, 2009

Waiting



A couple months ago my son started asking for a new bike, but not just any bike he wanted a bmx bike. We started looking at garage sales and the thrift stores but we never found the kind he really wanted. Finally, after waiting all Summer we found "the bike" for $4.99 at a local Goodwill. Sold!! The savings by not buying a new bike...huge...to buy the same kind of bike we bought would have cost us over $100!!

Waiting till you find the item you need/want can really save you money!! For more frugal tips check out Life as Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow congradulations. My son was the same way and I couldn't afford a bike this summer. I told him to wait and I promise to get him one next year, Well he one one from school and now is a believer that the best things comes to those who wait.

Jennifer said...

That is awesome! I always try to keep a running list in my head of things like that that we either need or someone really wants. It really helps save money.

Anonymous said...

It is truly a nice and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful info with us.

Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.



Feel free to surf to my website; best car insurance cheap