Friday, October 23, 2009

Kitchen Happenings

Wow! I was busy in my kitchen this week. Did you know that you can make your own chocolate chips? Or graham crackers? Or cheese crackers? You can and I totally made all three of those things this week.

I have to say that it will take some tweaking on the homemade chocolate chips, the family said they were just okay but a little too bitter for their taste. The graham crackers and cheese crackers were awesome. They received two thumbs up from all the children. The only bad thing about the crackers is that it is hard to roll the dough thin enough, however once I master that these snacks will be on my weekly baking list.

I also made the switch to Sucanat instead of regular sugar. I think the taste is really wonderful, however it is a little grainy so my family is noticing that. Hopefully after a few weeks they'll be used to it.

I am no longer using vegetable oil. I bought some coconut oil and have used that. I also have just been melted the same amount of butter instead of using oil and that is working as well.

What's been happening in your kitchen this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seldom drop remarks, but i did some searching and wound up here "Kitchen Happenings".
And I do have some questions for you if you don't mind. Is it simply me or does it appear like a few of these responses come across as if they are left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing at other social sites, I'd like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post.

Could you list of the complete urls of all your shared sites like your
linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Feel free to surf to my homepage :: car insurance best rates