Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Too Many Toys?
Do you get tired of tripping over toys? Do you have to fight with your children to get them to pick up? Here's what works for us... we have five children, one boy and four girls. We have gotten rid of all toys except ones they can play with together or that will fit in each child's set of three drawers. Here's some examples of what we still have...
* each child still has their favorite stuffed animals and their webkinz ( of which they have 5)
* my daughters each have a drawer full of little pet shop toys
* we keep a basket full of baby dolls and baby accessories in the living room
* my son has GI Joes and cars in tubs under his bed.
* We have blocks...legos/wooden/duplo/etc. in the living room closet
* We also have two drawers full of random plastic animals in the living room closet
* In our game closet we keep games and all the Little People toys
* We also have 6 bookshelves full of books and a yard full of leaves to play in, balls to kick, bikes to ride, and trees to climb
Since we have been reducing our toy clutter I find that my children actually play with the toys they have and they also take care of what they have!! My children are also quick to point out that they don't need a lot of toys. Cutting the clutter works for me
For more Works for Me ideas check out We are that Family