Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday Happenings

Who would have thought that we would need to break out the emergency coats in July for horseback riding lessons? It was only 59 degrees and rainy so lessons did get cut a little short but we had a good time. Since the weather was so chilly today I made some chicken noodle soup. I used up some frozen carrots and celery and an almost empty bag of egg noodles. I needed an onion and pulled a couple from the garden. It was a very satisfying dinner.

Our electric bill has been creeping up again. I'm not sure how because we aren't using the dryer, air conditioner, or t.v. much at all. I wash all clothes except diapers in cold water. We don't turn on the lights until 9 pm. I unplug everything through out the day that isn't being used. I am planning on cooking a lot from the two crock pots I have. I found some breakfast recipes and even bread recipes for the crock pot. I am excited to try them out.

No comments: