Friday, July 3, 2009

Baking Day....

Today the weather is still chilly. Can you believe it? I baked a yellow cake from scratch and a huge batch of whoopie pies. My kids love these. I had been buying them from a Mennonite store by my mom's house for $4.99 for 8 cookies. Crazy I know but I didn't think I could make these. Today I did. I don't think I'll make them very often because they take forever to bake all the cookies. I won't be baking these much in the summer but the rest of the year I will add these into our baking schedule.

I am cleaning the house and then I'll make my chocolate icing for our yellow cake. The cake and the whoopie pies are going with us to our family cook out tomorrow night. I also have our steak, corn, and baked potatoes in the crock pot. I hope this turns out okay!!

No comments: