Friday, May 29, 2009

Tired...

Today was another busy day. We finally finished our garden. In our shared garden with our neighbors we have 1- 30 foot row of green beans, 2 - 30 foot rows of Yukon gold potatoes, a row of tomatoes, and 3 pepper plants and two broccoli plants. In our flower bed garden we have 8 tomato plants, 12 pepper plants, 6 cucumber plants, 10 onions, and 9 strawberry plants. My son, dad, and I also dug up three new garden spots that have 20 strawberry plants, 4 zucchini, and 2 squash plants. I also planted our new raspberry and blueberry plants.

It feels great to finally have our garden finished.

My son has been begging to write a post on here and today is the day for his post since he was so helpful today. Here is my son's post-

First of all it seemed to take forever about 5 hours but it wasn't surprisingly. I was in charge of digging the holes etc. Well that took a LONG time to do that because the ground around our house is very hard. We have a bunch of I think they were raspberry and blueberry.We have a pool with a hole in it and we were planning to plant the blueberry bush but there was a bunch of snake and spider eggs and stuff so bye bye to that idea so we just decided to plant it along the side of our house the left side because the right side was filled up. I was getting these logs out of the way because otherwise we could not have planted me and my mom took shifts and we got that done. I really can't wait for the blueberries to get ready.

I was happy because I got a bunch of chocolate chip cookies because I did the garden stuff with her without whining.

No comments: