Tuesday, January 18, 2011
The Saved Quarter Challenge
I'm joining this challenge late because at first I didn't think I could save a quarter of our income. I decided that I'll shoot for $75 a month. This will be a difficult goal for us since my husband is self employed.
I'm currently baby sitting one night a week and earn between $15-$20. I also sell baked goods but that varies from $0-$50 a month.
I also use CVS for our household needs and have reduced our household budget to $5 a month.
Once my husbands job picks up again I'll hopefully be able to use my earnings for savings.
* Other ways I'm saving*
-using Swagbucks and saving Amazon gift cards for home school purchases
- Holding an annual yard sale
- selling books at consignment stores
- using Amazon's trade in program and earning more gift cards
- cutting cable and our home phone
- bartering for milk and eggs
- bartering some of our stock pile for gas in the van
Check out The Saved Quarter to see how others are doing in this challenge.