Friday, January 21, 2011
Keeping Your Household Budget Low
Our household budget is currently $5 for a family of seven, right now that is all we can afford. Here's how I keep our budget so low.
* I use CVS. If I have ecb's I use them to buy toilet paper and dish washing detergent.
* We don't use paper towels or napkins.
* I don't buy trash bags. We use the plastic grocery bags from the store.
* I don't use Ziploc bags. I put any leftovers into canning jars and freeze them or store them in the refrigerator.
* All my children are potty trained. I still have cloth diapers if we need them.
* We don't use paper plates or cups.
* I have a large stockpile from a year ago of shampoo, body wash, and deodorant.
* I trade baked goods for tooth paste, tooth brushes, razors, and body wash.
* I also trade free coupons for other household items.
* I have a large box of free laundry samples and dish soap samples.
For more frugal living tips check out Life as Mom