Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Finding Extra

As the holiday season approaches it seems that every one is looking for extra money. This year our Christmas money is coming from what we can find. My husband has started his own business and we're pinching our pennies till they scream right now!! We're good on our bills but there isn't much left over for any extras so we're getting creative.

Tips for finding extra...

1. Sell things you don't need or use anymore. I'm sorting through some of our boxes of books and toys to take the extra to local consignment shops.

2.Offer drop off child care during the busy holiday season. Offer to take in children for a couple hours two days a week.

3. sell baked goods. Many people love real homemade food but don't have the time to make it.

4. House cleaning. Who doesn't need extra help keeping up during the busy holiday season?


Finding creative ways to afford the holidays works for me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm closely following this journey that your family is currently on. What an inspiration! Your hubby is very blessed to have a wife that cares so much about him and his desire to follow this new path!

Keep us posted. We are self employed also(I also earn a small salary but we mainly live off of hubby's income). It's not always easy. It is often times feast or famine. I'm looking forward to reading your ideas on pinching those pennies!:)

Melinda

Jennifer said...

I have been requesting numerous free samples and free item coupons. I am saving what I can to put in stockings. My kids love to get special food treats in their stockings, especially.