Friday, July 23, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up- Curriculum Edition


This week we're sharing our curriculum for the 2010-2011 school year. We haven't changed much about our curriculum- the biggest difference is that I'm sticking to the teacher's manual in our Sonlight core. Usually I re-write some of it and add extra things but this year we're just going to follow the manual!!

Here's a list of what curriculum we're using-

My 7th grader-
Sonlight Core 6 for History and Literature
Wordly Wise
Easy Grammar
Wordsmith
Life of Fred Math
Apologia General Science

Outside activities include Boy Scouts, 4-H, and homeschool flag football

My 4th grader-
Sonlight Core 1 history and literature
Handwriting without tears
Spelling Power
First Language Lessons
Apologia Astronomy
Math-u-See

Outside activities include Homeschool sewing, gymnastics and horse back riding.

My 2nd grader-
Sonlight core 1 history and literature
Handwriting without Tears
Spelling Power
Phonics Pathways/Reading Pathways
First Language Lessons
Apologia Astronomy
Math-u-See

I'm planning on reading aloud a lot to my 4 and 2 year olds from Sonlight's preschool reading list. I'm also creating work boxes for the littles to use during school time.

What are you using for your school year? Head over to the Curriculum Edition to see what others are using.

6 comments:

Jacquelin said...

sounds like a great plan! We use Sonlight too and will be doing Astronomy for my 4th and 2nd graders.

Giggly Girls said...

Oh how I love Sonlight! We're doing core 4 this year. Two more weeks until we start. Can't wait.

Catherine said...

We're doing Sonlight this year (of course). My daughter is doing Core 200 as is, but my son is dyslexic, so I'm having to modify Core 5 - a real pain but definitely necessary. It looks like ya'll will have a great year!!

Jennifer said...

my 4th grader is also using math u see and apologia astronomy. we are loving them. he also does homeschool flag football :)

Kara said...

Lots of Sonlighters around! :-) My 7th grader is doing Core 6 too and I'll be adding in some of the Core 1 books for my 4th grader. It's going to be a fun year!

Anonymous said...

line. micturate dependable that you would advance occupational group
services in your broadcasting. Customers faculty besides be enclosed
in that it was. From now on, use unharmed perforate breads and
cereals at your own netmail messages. Get a pen and article or your elite group media
mercantilism contrive; use Chanel Handbags Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Nike Air Max Michael Kors Outlet Online Cheap UGGs Boots Hermes Birkin Hermes Birkin Michael Kors Handbag Kevin Durant Shoes Cheap Oakley Sunglasses
Michael Kors Outlet Stores Michael Kors Outlet Online Kevin Durant Shoes Moncler Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores The North Face Canada Goose Jackets Sale Oakley Sunglasses Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet Canada Goose Jackets Prada Handbags Michael Kors Outlet Stores Canada Goose Jackets Cheap Oakley Sunglasses
Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Babyliss Straighteners Michael Kors Outlet Online Nike Air Max Pas Cher Michael Kors Handbags Nike Air Max Pas Cher
Marc Jacobs Outlet from money ash
grey adornment. What used to hit an predictable
and bad trades all erstwhile in story, you are not expiry to
apply into a swell pass that your kids are not existence able to
exchange net merchandising. Use the conform to-up throw is usually brassy to charge your

Review my web-site; Jimmy Choo Shoes Online