Monday, March 1, 2010

Real Food Challenge



Here is a list of what our challenges were for the final week
  1. Vegetables and salads and another reason to eat your fats.
  2. Why you should eat red meat.
  3. Eat your bacon, eggs and lard too.
  4. Homemade broth and stock.
  5. Not-so-awful Offal.
  6. Fish and seafood.
  7. Grow your foodshed.
  8. Beyond the challenge
I feel like I'm doing pretty well except for #5 and #6. We are not sea food eaters at all in our house and I will not be eating any offal!

We love red meat at our house...so much so that I'm picking up 50lbs of grass fed local ground beef this week. We also love bacon/eggs/lard!! I make chicken stock once a week.

We are planning on expanding our garden and raising our own chickens. We are also hoping to buy half of a grass fed steer.

No comments: