Tuesday, January 19, 2010
My family is trying to create an urban homestead. I don't want to forget anything that I'm planning or learning. I had been writing things down in many different notebooks and found that I was losing many items. I decided to create a homestead binder.
I grabbed an old 3 ring binder and started putting in some of my lists. Here is a run down on what I'm planning to put in my binder...
1. garden plans- what grows well, the flops, where I want to plant, what I need to buy, lists of where I want to order seeds from.
2. canning plans- what I hope to can, what we liked from last year, what we need more of, if we need more jars
3. how to make soap- site that has instructions, print outs
4. animal plans- we're hoping to have some meat rabbits for 4-h.
5. sewing plans- patterns, fabric prices
I'm sure I'll find more other items that I'll want to include as the year goes along.
For more works for me ideas check out We are That Family