Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Goals

My husband and I have been discussing our goals for 2010. I will admit that for us our goals for the new year are going to be difficult. It will require a lot of self discipline and time. Especially for me. Our main new year's goal is to not eat out for the entire year. As in 365 days of cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my family of seven. Even when I don't feel good.

Another goal is to greatly reduce our spending. Again this will require self discipline. Mostly on my part again. I love my thrift shops a little too much at times. One of the ways we're planning on doing this is by going on a spending freeze in January. My husband is trying hard to start his own business and I want to support him by making his income stretch as far as possible.

Our final goal is to start saving for a house of our own. We plan on putting all our money saved by not eating out towards our home savings fund.

Making goals works for me

5 comments:

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Good for you! We don't usually go out to eat except for 1-2 times a year when my parents give us mney for our anniversary/birthdays and offer to watch the children while we go out to eat. Last year they gave us a 2 for 1 coupon to go with one of those days, so we did that too.

To keep from making that many meals, I find it helps to make enough for leftovers on a regular basis.

I'm also teaching my children to cook! :)

Rhonda said...

I don't like to eat out but we seem to have ate out so many times in the last few months. it is expensive and pricey.
I've been thinking about having a Jan. goal to not eat out during a whole month but your year long goal will far exceed that,

I hope you make it! eating out is very over-rated

Unknown said...

That is outstanding!!! One of our goals also is cutting back on eating out. We just recently decided to try this out, our goal is for one month, and then over time, I pray it will be once or twice a year.

I wish you the best of luck!

Jenny said...

I don't think I could survive 365 days of not eating out. I love out food! However, I have gotten a lot better at limiting it.

Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody?
This piece of writing posted at this site is actually pleasant.


My website ... low car insurance *trilln.com*