Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homestead Update

Wow what a week it's been! Two of the five children are fighting a cold and the rest of us have been taking so many vitamins and washing our hands in hopes of not catching it! Even with the youngest two being sick we've been on the go ( not to stores though!!) We went on one of our first field trips of the year yesterday. We went to the farm of a homeschooling mom and "met" her cow Honey, about a million chickens, and her beautiful steer. My Riley was all about "petting a chicken" and got her wish and she was also able to help collect some eggs. It totally made her day. Riley especially loved being able to pet the cow that we will be getting some milk from. Reagan ( our youngest) was also impressed with the cooooowwwww. She would yell Ten- Ten ( my oldest Trenton) COOOOWWWW! I just love these days. All my kids getting along and my baby just loves her brother and the feeling goes both ways.

I also spent some time in the kitchen trying out some new recipes. I made homemade noodles for chicken and noodles and they were a huge hit. I couldn't believe how easy it is to make them and now I have one more thing to cross off of my list of things I rely on the grocery store for. I also found a recipe for homemade sloppy Joe and it is awesome. All the family loved it and it is also easy and cheap to make.

My kids don't like real Maple syrup ( weird huh?) and I just refuse to allow them to eat the store brand due to the chemicals and high fructose corn syrup. I finally decided to find a recipe for homemade syrup and tried it this morning. WOW! It was so wonderful on top of homemade waffles.

How was your week?

No comments: