Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homemade Pancake Syrup

Here's the recipe that I found and we love...
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla

Bring to a boil and then simmer 10 minutes. Syrup will thicken as it stands.

I know it's not healthy to have all the sugar and I'm wondering if there is a more natural sugar I could use instead. My family does not like real Maple syrup so that is not an option and not eating pancakes or waffles again is NOT an option either. If you have a healthier recipe please let me know!!

2 comments:

Cara said...

You know, sugar is much better than the corn syrup in 'store' syrup. Also, have you tried different brands of maple syrup? I've found that some are overly strong. The stuff I've bought at Costco isn't as strong. Some even tastes kind of soapy. Rapadura is 'whole' sugar. I haven't tried it, but I want to some time.

The Prudent Homemaker said...

What about using powdered sugar instead? Some of my children prefer this instead of syrup. It doesn't use as much sugar, either, when I put it on.