Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Canning Jars



This week on works for me Wednesday we're sharing an organizational tip. I love reading how other people organize their homes.

We are currently trying to reduce our dependence on grocery stores and one of the ways we're doing this is by purchasing canning jars. Of course I use them to can but I also use them for a variety of other things to.

* I buy most of my spices in bulk and instead of having tons of bulky bags sitting in my cupboard I pour them into pint size canning jars. This does two things...first we don't use any bad plastics and the jars are reusable.

* I also use the jars to store crayons and markers for easy access for my older children.

I find that canning jars are a pretty and useful addition to my kitchen. It helps keep small things like thumb tacks, nails, or screws all together.

For more works for me Wednesday check out We are that Family

1 comment:

Moore Minutes said...

I love canning jars. Thank you for this list of ideas!