Tuesday, July 14, 2009

No Cooking Today

Instead of working on my freezer stash today the kids and I finished up their homeschool portfolios. Each year we are required to have an assessment and provide our portfolio for each student. I like to turn each one into a scrapbook for my kids. I know that at this point in my life I don't have time to complete huge scrapbooks so each year I take the time to really work on their portfolios.

Some of the items I include are-
* a page of their favorite things like color, food, book, song, Bible verse, hero, friend, etc.
* a Bible verse
* I also select a quote for each child. I found a great one from Winnie the Pooh for my struggling student this year!
* Pictures of friends, field trips, performances
* Samples of their school work
* book lists
* lists of computer games
* Lists of all their activities and achievements

The kids look at their old portfolios at least two or three times a year and I enjoy seeing how much they've grown and changed. I also like to see that we have really been getting work done and that they are learning!

For more works for me Wednesday ideas check out We are that Family

No comments: