Instead of working on my freezer stash today the kids and I finished up their homeschool portfolios. Each year we are required to have an assessment and provide our portfolio for each student. I like to turn each one into a scrapbook for my kids. I know that at this point in my life I don't have time to complete huge scrapbooks so each year I take the time to really work on their portfolios.
Some of the items I include are-
* a page of their favorite things like color, food, book, song, Bible verse, hero, friend, etc.
* a Bible verse
* I also select a quote for each child. I found a great one from Winnie the Pooh for my struggling student this year!
* Pictures of friends, field trips, performances
* Samples of their school work
* book lists
* lists of computer games
* Lists of all their activities and achievements
The kids look at their old portfolios at least two or three times a year and I enjoy seeing how much they've grown and changed. I also like to see that we have really been getting work done and that they are learning!
For more works for me Wednesday ideas check out We are that Family