Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gearing Up for Homeschool!

One of my goals I wanted to accomplish before we head back to home school was to get at least two months worth of freezer meals done. Ideally, I'd like to have enough meals to last from August until the end of October and then do another freezer session in November. Currently I have 31 meals in my freezer which will probably last until the end of September because I usually use three meals per week from the freezer, the other days we grill, have homemade pizza, or soup. My husband likes at least two "fresh" meals a week like oven fried chicken or BBQ ribs. Now that I have 31 meals in the freezer I am working on a three month long menu plan based around our activities. The only thing I know for sure is that every Friday it's either homemade pizza or homemade Stromboli and Wednesday nights are homemade fast food because of church. I am hoping that having our meals planned will greatly reduce my stress during our school days.

Have you been working on any goals getting ready to head back to school? How do you handle meals during the year?

No comments: