Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today has been another stay at home day. We are busily trying to train Daisy to go out to use the potty. She has been really good about it so far. The kids are getting a little tired of "helping" out with the dog. I keep using her as an example of how much work animals take. It is a great experience for us. It really has made me grateful that we don't have more animals right now. I will definitely need to wait until my youngest two are bigger before I can invest a lot of time in farm animals.

I made two loaves of bread and homemade granola bars for snacks and lunch today. We have had leftovers for lunch and frozen waffles for breakfast. I have baked potatoes in the crock pot for a side dish for dinner. I'm changing my menu plan up a little bit. I also need to figure out something else for dinner tomorrow since it's going to be 88 degrees!! I don't want to use the oven in the heat of the day.

I've been thinking about more ways that we can simplify our life. I am starting a home management notebook and hope to find a cleaning routine that works for me. I really need to just do what needs done when it needs done and stop putting things off.

The garden is doing wonderful. I am amazed at how great everything looks. I have been keeping up on the weeding and that helps a lot.

Reagan's new diapers came today. I think I have enough to use cloth all the time. I still need buy more cloth pull ups since my 3 year old doesn't want to use the potty. Any tips on getting the girl to use the bathroom?!!??? I have never seen anybody refuse to use the bathroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting about your 3 yr old girl....I also have a 3 1/2 yr old girl and am having alot of trouble with her not wanting to go to the bathroom, too!! It is a constant struggle for us, and if she goes out and play it is a sure thing that she will be wet when she comes in. What to do, what to do??