Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our Weekend

This was our first homestead weekend of our challenge. On Saturday we went to a few yard sales, at one of them I found a ton of Christian fiction for me at $.50 a book. I also bought our littlest some toys and a few decorations for my kitchen. My total spent for a box of books, five toys, five country decorations, and a couple dresses for the girls...under $20

We didn't eat out at all on Saturday and hung out the laundry. I haven't been to CVS in two weeks. I was able to find some school books at Goodwill today.

I have gotten into a bad habit of running around. How can I homestead if I'm not home?? When we lived out of town I only went to town one week day and then on Sunday for church, the rest of the time we stayed home. It has gotten so easy to run across town every day for one thing or another. We've quit eating out but instead I'm constantly on the go so we aren't saving much. We are ahead every month but not enough. I want a much simpler lifestyle and always buying bargains at yard sales or thrift stores doesn't help. I look around and see piles of treasures....that I've wasted time and money on...grrrr... Time to start Flylady again!!

Do you have any tips on how to break the on the go habit? Or how to conquer the need for bargains?

No comments: