Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Garden Update

Today the kids and I went to visit our local greenhouse. We came back $36.00 poorer. However, they had such a great time picking different plants. We have planted 8 strawberry plants. We still need to plant squash, zucchini, 3 more cucumbers, broccoli, and green beans. I forgot to buy my seed potatoes so I still need to get those. We also bought a red raspberry bush to plant by our back porch. The girls also picked out a butterfly rose flower and some geraniums.

My seven year old says as we're digging yet another hole for a plant " you know, once all this is growing we won't even need to buy groceries!!"

My total amount spent for the garden is $47.00

I'm hoping I'll be able to get a couple more pepper plants still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most significant info for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The
web site style is ideal, the articles is really great :
D. Good job, cheers

Check out my site :: cheapest insurance rates