Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday

I have always struggled with making menu plans. Every month brings new stress of looking at 30 new days to plan dinners. It seems so overwhelming looking at the calendar and it was for me until I stumbled across this idea.

Plan a different type of meat or meal type for each day. For example, Monday is chicken so you might need to only find four chicken recipes and four nights are planned. If you have a couple of really busy days and you need a meal fast plan that day to be crockpot day. There are many recipes for freezer meals that you just thaw and dump in the crockpot, you can't get much easier than that! If Friday is always pizza night, then make four pizza crusts the first Friday and freeze the ones you don't use for quick meals on Friday and you have another four or so meals planned out of the month!

When you start to break it down this way menu planning isn't that difficult or time consuming. It will also save you serious money in the grocery store.

That's what works for me to see other works for me ideas check out wearethatfamily

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Great idea! I've struggled with meal planning, too. I'm super indecisive and have a hard time deciding what to make for dinner TONIGHT, let alone for 30 days.

This method is working for me too!

Ashley said...

great ideas!

-ash
www.bosssanders.com

Anonymous said...

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not
seeing very good gains. If you know of any please share.
Cheers!

Here is my web-site - auto insurance company