Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Ghost of Christmas Guilt

Every year I get a visit from the Ghost of Christmas Guilt, this year it came yesterday. I was wrapping Christmas presents for my kids, feeling great about staying in my budget, when I heard it... a small whisper..."is that ALL you're giving them this year?" "They'll be so disappointed on Christmas morning!" " You know, there's still money in the checking account to make a trip to Walmart!"

It's so hard to not give my kids everything they want for Christmas! Especially when I know we have money left to spend!! Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I like seeing huge piles of presents under the tree. I like seeing their faces light up at the perfect gift.

As each of our children have grown I've realized we must keep our budget in check or we'll go broke buying everything they want!! I pray that this year we will be blessed by a much more simple Christmas, not only in giving gifts but a more simple Christmas day as well.

God bless and Merry Christmas!

No comments: