Thursday, September 3, 2009

No Spending...sort of...


My family is going on a spending freeze for the month of September and possibly beyond to help us save money and get our frugal groove back. My plan was not to spend any money except for produce, canning items, and homeschool classes...however not even two days into our freeze I found a few things I just couldn't pass by.

We use cloth diapers on our youngest daughter and during the night for our 3 year old. I needed to buy a few more diapers but just kept putting it off because of cost. I happened upon 3 all in one diapers for $5 a piece...Sold for less than the cost of one!!

My oldest needed some personal items and I found some brand new with tags at Goodwill for $.49 a piece...I bought 4 pairs and saved at least $5.

Going on a spending freeze is an awesome idea but I believe that if your budget allows and you find something you need not want and it's at a rock bottom price it's okay to break it. My two purchases saved our family over $40 and that's nothing to sneeze at!!

For more frugal ideas check out Life as Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Autumn,
Thank you for stopping by. I just love your name. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I am doing well on sticking to my budget too. You inspire me so much.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

We are doing a spending freeze of sorts too. I can't wait to hear how you do along the way.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your
blog. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
A number of my blog readers have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great
in Safari. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?


Feel free to visit my homepage ... california car insurance