Monday, August 6, 2012

Our 2012-2013 Homeschool Curriculum

It's time for the Not Back to School Blog Hop! This week we are sharing our curriculum choices for the 2012-2013 school year. 

We've been homeschooling for ten years and I still struggle every year with our curriculum choices. My oldest will be a freshman and then my two older girls are in 5th and 3rd grade, and finally my two youngest will be starting kindergarten together. My six year old has autism so she is a little behind and my four year old is ready to start so I decided to just teach them both together.  I'm feeling a lot of pressure this year since we are diving into high school and officially teaching everybody!! 

My son will be using 
Sonlight World History Part 2 for history/literature/world view
Math U See Pre Algebra
English class at our co-op
Thinking Like a Christian class also through our co-op
Teen Bible quizzing at our church
Speech and Debate team
our science is still undetermined yet.
He also edits videos for a you-tube channel.

5th grader & 3rd grader:
Christian kids Explore Biology
Math U See
Writing with Ease
First Language Lessons
Paths of Exploration 
Awanas
Bible quizzing team

*Activities*
violin for 5th grader
piano for 3rd
swimming lessons
gymnastics
Fall softball league

Kindergarten Year
Both of my girls are enrolled in a three hour weekly Kindergarten class at our local co-op. They will also be taking a science and gym class there as well.

I'm using a Charlotte Mason approach for their Kindergarten year called Language Lessons for Little Ones and Sonlight's pre-k reading list. Both girls are also very active in our Cubbies group at Awana. 

If you're still looking for curriculum ideas or just want to see what other homeschoolers are using check out ihomeschool's Not Back to School Blog Hop

No comments: