1. trash bags. I just use plastic grocery bags from the store.
2. paper towels. We cut up old shirts for rags for really messy stuff and use dish towels for the rest.
3. paper plates/utensils. I do not purchase any of these and we do not have a dish washer!! I mean, we do but it's either me or my oldest children. : )
4. household cleaners. I use vinegar and baking soda for all our cleaning needs.
5. organic/gluten free snack food. When we first started our "real" food journey and then our gluten free journey I bought a ton of prepackaged organic/gluten free snacks. Our grocery budget went through the roof!! I've sense become more confident in my gluten free baking so I make 99% of our snacks now. I do shop at a store called Marc's and a bent and dent that sometimes has super cheap prices on gluten free food so I do still purchase probably 1% of our snacks there.
Here's my list of items that I would like to stop buying but having gotten the courage up yet to stop!
1. apple juice/water bottles. My girls love love their apple juice. We were going through insane amounts a month but have now reduced it to 4 gallons a month split between four girls. We live on a farm with a well and I've just always bought bottled water. I need to have our water tested and/or buy a filtration device.
2. laundry soap. I have found a couple of recipes that I'm really interested in trying! I just need to pick a day and make it!
3. coffee creamer. I must find a way to stop using these!! I love my coffee but I just can't drink it black. I have been cutting back on my use of the coffee creamer but I just can't seem to go cold turkey.
What are some things you no longer buy or would like to stop buying?
This post is linked to Frugal Tip Tuesday at Getting Ahead