Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goals 2011

This coming year is going to be an interesting one. It will mark our first full year of being self employed so we will be trimming our budget as much as possible. I don't know how much we will be able to save but I'm planning on saving at least $75 a month.

Homestead Goals
* raise broilers again. I'd like to raise 15 this year.
* add 3 laying chickens
* extend our garden yet again. I think I'm finally figuring out what we need more of and what we need less of.
* plant a spring garden
* build a cold frame to extend our growing season
* raise a steer for beef

Food Goals
* eat foods that our locally grown. We still are buying too many fruits and veggies that are being trucked in from who knows where.
* cut out the processed gluten free foods. We made the switch to all gluten free this year and I wasn't sure of my baking skills so we were buying too many processed foods. The only item I want to continue to buy is the gluten free pretzels.
* cut back on my caffeine usage.

Money Goals
* cut our utility budget. Our electric bill is too high. I'd like to get it under $75 a month.
* stick to a strict cash budget for "fun" money
* stick to a strict cash budget for gas money for our car.

What are your goals for 2011?

No comments: