Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Around the Homestead

Wow! We've been enjoying some wonderful weather here in Ohio! I hung my first load of clothes out on the line today. We have also been busy cleaning out the garden beds and our yard. I can't wait to start planting seeds!

I've been using our crock pot like crazy and the natural light to hopefully cut our electric bill down. I'm trying bread in the crock pot tomorrow. I'll let you know how that turns out. We've also been going through our budget to see where we can save more money. It's really amazing to see how all those $5 thrift store purchases add up to some serious money leaking out every month. Tomorrow we also plan on sorting through the kids clothes and making a list of what we need. I'll also be looking through our home school curriculum to see what I need to purchase.

How are things at your homestead?

2 comments:

ohiomom said...

Autumn, your recent days sound just like mine. Seeing as how we live in the same county could have something to do with it =) We have been busy cleaning up the yard and such. We've also been training our dog to stay in the yard via his new training collar. I'm so excited that spring is here and will be getting the garden ready to be tilled in the next few days, I hope. Still can't plant much, but at least I can get things started in my head and hopefully get the garden laid out in my head as well. Still need to clean out the chicken pen to add that into the garden before tilling. This warm weather has also made it possible to get more exercise outside aside from yard work. =) I almost hung laundry out today too. Maybe tomorrow....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However,
how can we communicate?

Also visit my site - save auto insurance [http://cheapcarinsurance.jamescitycomputer.com]