Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No More Whining about Chores!


Do your children argue about what chores they need to do? At our home my four older children love to argue that I gave the easy chores to some one else and they have the hardest chores. I finally got tired of listening to them whine and decided that I would list all the chores that needed to be done on scraps of paper and put them in a hat. Each child got to draw their new list of chores. If the chore was too easy for their age they were assigned a buddy to teach them how to do that chore.

For more works for me ideas check out We are that Family

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great idea. I do have a chore jar for when kids whine that they are bored. But for just the basic stuff, that might really help out.

Unknown said...

Great idea!