Friday, January 29, 2010
We're still plugging away on our no eating out for one year challenge. I am finding that there are days when I just don't want to cook. I do rely on once a month cooking but there are days when even thawing a meal takes too much effort. One of the ways I'm trying to fight the urge to eat out is by keeping quick meals on hand. Here's a list of some of my quick meals for when I just don't feel like cooking...
1. mac and cheese...organic from a box.
2. pancakes and homemade syrup
3. grilled cheese on homemade bread
4. chicken and fries
5. bbq pork in the crock pot
6. chicken and dumplings from scratch.
7. homemade pizza
10. sloppy joe from scratch
For more thrifty ideas check out Life as Mom