Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Meal Prep



There's been a huge change in our home...we have given up cereal. As in there is not one single box of cereal on the cereal shelf. You know what that means? I have to make a hot breakfast every single day- no matter how I feel! One of the ways I manage to do that is by preparing as much as possible ahead of time. I try to start our breakfast right after dinner while I'm cleaning the kitchen. For example, tomorrow we're having waffles so I whipped up a batch of waffle batter and put it in the fridge. If we're having snicker doodle coffee cake I put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then I just have to add the wet ingredients in the morning. I'll also spend a day making doughnuts from scratch to have for snacks and breakfast the next day.

Starting breakfast the night before works for me

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I do this frequently too, although I haven't given up cereal yet (it is more of a snack food than breakfast food around here). I will usually make muffins and put them in the oven while dinner is cooking.

Meghan said...

I keep pancake and waffle batter in the fridge too. (I store it in an old salad dressing bottle for easy squirting.)

Fritattas are easy make-ahead breakfasts too. As are crockpot breakfast casseroles that cook all night on low.

Anonymous said...

Hi Autumn,
I am moving away from cold cereal too. The Baked Oatmeal recipe I posted last week is a good make ahead dish. Yogurt and fruit is another good breakfast,
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth used to be a entertainment account it.
Look complex to far delivered agreeable from you! However,
how could we keep up a correspondence?

my weblog; truck insurance for owner operators ()