Monday, December 14, 2009

It's That Time of Year

It's the time of the year to start thinking about what you want to accomplish for the next year. I've been thinking about a few different ideas about what to do for next year. Here is my top two ideas
* No eating out for an entire year...
* No buying anything new for an entire year... maybe this should just include books, clothes, toys, etc. Not cooking related items?? Or school items?

My other goals are as follows-
*I want to get rid of all my aluminum cooking ware...I'd have to order new pots and pans as well as a couple stone ware items. Unfortunately that would be buying something new unless of course I can convince my hubby to buy it for me for Christmas. Or I could have Pampered Chef party and try to earn enough to at least get my stone ware.
* I really want to get rid of our trash pick up. We have greatly reduced our trash but I'd like to not need it at all.
* I'm hoping to expand our garden and my canning in attempt to can or freeze enough until the next harvest season. I would like to avoid the grocery store for most of the Summer.
* Reduce our electric usage. I would like to cut our bill by 50% by the end of 2010.
* I would love to save $3,000 by 2010 or maybe even more. I need to realize that just because something is a great deal I don't need to buy it!!

What are some of your goals for 2010?

2 comments:

Missy said...

This has been on my mind lately also... I started my blog Jan 1 2009 and posted my 2009 goals and I have really done well and I think the accountability has worked well for me! I want to buy less new things for 2010 we already shop for used first. I really want to start exercising together as a family.I am "pondering" some new goals! I will be posting my goals on Jan 1st. I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Autumn,
Great Goals. I too want to save more money in 2010. I am working on using what I have instead of buying more stuff.
Hugs,
Elizabeth