Friday, November 27, 2009

A Different Kind of Black Friday Shopping



Black Friday used to be one of my favorite days of the year. I loved getting up at 2 am to be one of the first in line outside the stores. I loved being with my mom, aunts, and cousins. I love that tradition. However, as my family has grown it's gotten harder for me to go each year so I've had to think of other ways to get those black Friday deals.

My first option is to order online but sometimes you can't get the item online and that's where my mom comes in. I send her with money and a list and she does my shopping for me. My final option is to rush through the store and be home by 8 am so my husband can get to work.

This year we're going to do something different. I did send my mom with a list of about 5 items but we're going to do some "shopping at home". We're going to spend the day making gifts for each other.

Here is a list of what I'd like to get done:

* felt food for the little girls
* felt dolls
* gifts in a jar
* Christmas ornaments
* gift tags

For more frugal Friday ideas check out Life as Mom

No comments: