Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Christmas Planning


This week the theme is Holiday tips and I can't wait to read them all. Here what works for my family...

I make most of our gifts for extended family so I begin planning in June. I keep a notebook that I fill with ideas I find online, books, or magazines. I jot down my list of people I need to get gifts for and then look through my notebook to find what would be the best match for that family.

Here is one of my gift baskets that I'm making...
* lap quilt
* coffee/cups
* gluten free peanut butter cookies
* gluten free fudge

My girls are making air fresheners to put on each basket. We will be making gift baskets for our neighbor, a few friends, my parents, my brother, and small gifts for our coop teachers. I think we'll make a five minute cake mix and include mugs for the coop teachers.

Keeping a holiday notebook of gift ideas works for me

2 comments:

momstheword said...

I think it's great that you are involving your kids in making gifts for family!

When the kids were little we would bake and decorate sugar cookies that they gave as gifts. They loved it and so did I!

Now my hubby makes homemade almond roca and we give that out to my siblings and they now expect it every year.

Unknown said...

Was that gift intended for ME??? I would just love that! I'm thinking of something like that for my college daughter. But of course, hers would have to include a good book to read! She loves reading!

Stop by and browse a bit; I'm sure you'll like what you see. If you do, then don't forget to click the "Follow" button and just below that you can "Subscribe" to my blog to get informative posts and we can both inspire and share with one another to get our creative juices flowing.