Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Putting the Garden to Bed

Today while the sun was shining the kids and I put the garden to bed for another year. We pulled up the last remaining plants and weeds. We cleared out all the garden buckets. We took the summer toys to the basement.

It's always sad to see the garden looking so sad and barren till spring. However, this year it is nice to come into our kitchen and see the many jars of goodies we canned from our garden. I already am making plans for our garden next year and what I need to plant more of and what to plant less of. I love planning for Spring!!

The weather is supposed to be rainy and chilly tomorrow so I'm planning a baking day. I'll be preparing overnight cinnamon rolls for breakfast tonight for breakfast. My other plans include bread, monkey bread (from scratch), and more chocolate chip cookies. Wednesday is our at home day so after school is done we'll also be cleaning the house!!

No comments: