Do you love homemade ice cream but don't have an ice cream maker? Do your kids need something to do for five minutes? You have to try this recipe...
5 Minute Ice Cream
What you need-
1/2 cup kosher salt
1 cup milk or half and half
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 gallon size resealable freezer bag
What to do-
1. fill gallon size bag half full of ice and add 1/2 cup of salt
2. In the sandwich bag, mix milk, sugar, and vanilla. Seal tightly
3. Place the small bag inside the large bag and seal large bag tightly.
4. Wrap bag with dish towel. Shake for about 5 minutes or until it turns into ice cream.
5. Put in bowel and eat!! Makes one serving.
My kids made this the day I was canning potatoes and it turned out great!!
For more great recipes check out the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap