Monday, August 24, 2009

Busy Day!

Today my dad and I canned 10 pints of pizza sauce and 7 quarts of pasta sauce. My dad did most of the work but I'm amazed at what I'm learning. We ate some of the pasta sauce for dinner and almost all of the kids thought it was amazing. My oldest two really enjoy the fact that we're making the food ourselves and not buying it at the grocery store. We're planning on canning vegetable soup on Wednesday.

Tomorrow promises to be another busy day of homeschooling, baking, laundry, and then heading out "grocery shopping" the Amish vegetable stands to get the ingredients for my soup. I also have some bags to drop off at the thrift store.

How was your day?

1 comment:

Ryann said...

oOOOOOHHHH, care to share your pizza sauce recipe? I need a good one, we have tons of tomatoes and neither of us care for raw tomatoes, so we need to get them preserved.