Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Eating Out Challenge

We gave up eating out for Lent this year and except for a handful of times we stuck to it. We haven't eaten out for six weeks. As the end of this challenge comes we have decided we don't really miss eating out. We can fix better meals at home and as long as I have back up meals for nights when things get really crazy ( like chicken fingers/fries or hot dogs) we don't even want to eat out.

This was really a challenge at first, we were used to eating out at least once during the weekend. I really enjoyed having a night off of cooking. I have become even better at making sure all the leftovers get eaten. I also have enjoyed the challenge of making six full weeks of menu plans. It has helped us save money, I couldn't believe how much money we wasted every month eating out. We easily could spend $80 a weekend!

1 comment:

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Good for you!

We only eat out once or twice a year, when my mother gives us a little money for our birthdays or our anniversary and offers to babysit for us.

Other than that, we're home every night. I don't pick up fast food. We eat from the pantry and our garden. Last night we had chicken caccitore and roasted asparagus!