Friday, April 24, 2009

Annual Clothing Swap



It appears that Spring might have finally sprung!! Today is the day we sort through all the hand-me-downs. We go through tubs of clothes tossing the stained and trying them on to find the right sizes. This year I'm trying to reduce the amount of stuff we have so I'm setting limits on how many pieces of clothing we have.

I have four daughters ,7,5,3, and 1 so I have lots of clothes in many sizes. As I sort this year I'm keeping five items per girl, for example if I have 20 t-shirts in size 6 I'll keep 15 shirts and get rid of five. I'm also writing down if I need anything in a certain size.

My son is also going to declutter his closet. Who needs 25 t-shirts?? My goal is 5-7 t-shirts, 3 church shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, and 3 pairs of workout shorts for basketball and soccer.

This will save me time and money by knowing exactly where everything is and by knowing what we need!

For more frugal Friday posts check out lifeasmom

No comments: