Friday, February 27, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

I'm joining in on Jennifer's weekly wrap up and writing about my frugal or not so frugal week!

I had four no drive days! I think that might be a record.
It was warm enough for a couple days to turn our heat almost off for most of the sunny day.
Washed all laundry in full loads and with cold water.
Ate at home ALL week!
Planned my entire March menu
Planning on eating up some of the stockpile this month so we won't be so tempted to eat all the bad food once we all jump into the gluten free world!
We're still unplugging everything and sitting in the dark until we can't stand it anymore to save on electricity.

Our new school curriculum came and so far we're all happy with the purchases. My son actually already started his new creative writing book and is LOVING it! Hopefully these purchases will save money in the long run because we all love them and I won't feel the need to keep shopping for the perfect school books!

I also started spring cleaning and started going through our clothes to find the gaps...like shorts that are now way too short or finding almost one of my daughters has no shirts without stains on them. I'm making out my "need" list to start shopping our thrift stores until yard sale season begins!

How was your frugal week?

3 comments:

Frugal Sara said...

I am going to start going through kids clothes this next week. I dread seeing what all I have to put on my "needs" list. My kids grew a ton this past year!

Nancy said...

I had to do the same but for my Bear and myself - no kids at home just the doggies and horses. Funny though as we have to inventory blankets and sheets for the horses the same way! Gearing up for a big show season so we have to see what we have and need.
I call it Show String on a Shoe String Budget! You can really go broke fast trying to keep up with the Jones' in showing - I look for alternatives and used as much as we can!

Jennifer said...

way to go on no driving. I don't think I have ever had 4 days of no driving, I can only wish. Thanks for participating!