Monday, February 23, 2009

Lent is Coming

My family has always given up something for Lent, this year is no exception, however it was difficult to decide what we were going to give up. We wanted it to be a sacrifice. As a family we have decided to give up eating out for the next six weeks. I'm giving up spending for the next six weeks as well. This is not about saving money but realizing what it really means to give up something that we value. I am not going to spend any cash at all so I am planning what we really need to make it without going to the stores. I will need some diapers and foil and cat litter but that's all.

This will be our hardest challenge yet. I will be making a list of specific things that will need to be purchased.

How about you? Are you giving anything up for Lent?

No comments: