Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cut the Clutter Challenge

Spring is in the air here. The snow is gone and it's 50 degrees! The coming of spring always reminds me that I'm almost done with another school year. You know what that means? New curriculum! Let me tell you, I'm totally addicted to buying curriculum, I'm always looking for the perfect item for our home school. There are two down sides to this addiction the first is money and the second is the clutter. I have bought many phonics programs hoping to find the best one only to realize we now have five different phonics books!! Same thing for science, I buy what looks to be a really awesome program only to have my kids be bored to tears or realize that it's just way to much work for this time in our life.

I could easily open my own lending library with all the curriculum I have laying around! I realize that I could hold onto everything I have but then I can't get any new stuff! So, here's our challenge for the day. Go through those piles of curriculum you have, or those workbooks that you're holding onto. Have you completely changed your style of homeschooling? Then it's time to release the old way and books! Instead of trying to sell them just bless somebody, with this economy homeschoolers are struggling, think of what a witness you could be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, marvelous blog structure! How long have you ever been blogging for?
you make running a blog glance easy. The total glance of your
site is wonderful, as well as the content!

My site: home business insurance